Code of Conduct
Every attendee including players or spectators are expected to display good sportsmanship, maintain respect for each other, and for all staff. Players must follow all staff instructions. You may be requested to remove ringing devices which includes phones, tablets must be removed from the play area before the tournament as directed by staff. Players may not text, use email, or use any social media while their game or match is live. Players are expected to compete at the highest level possible to the best of their abilities consistent with our values regarding sportsmanship, integrity, and honest play. Anyone who behaves in a way detrimental to the values above may be disqualified from the event and forfeit potential prizes. In addition, tournament staff have the right to ban disqualified players from future tournaments or events as organized by Playing With Power MTG and Eminence staff.
Inappropriate behavior that is in violation of the code of conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Behaving in an unsportsmanlike manner, or with the intention of disrupting or undermining the operations of the event, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or otherwise harass any other person;
- Interfering with tournament/event operations, Playing With Power MTG or Eminence streams, or sites;
- Intentional delay or tampering of gameplay or using any known or unknown method;
- Modifying the game in a way that has not been disclosed to and authorized by the staff;
- Cheating of any kind;
- Using new accounts, emails, usernames, credit cards, or other identifying information to intentionally circumvent mutes, bans, kicks, game rule violations, disqualifications or other disciplinary action imposed upon a player.
- Engaging in activity that is illegal in the jurisdiction where the affected player is located;
- Engaging in tournament collusion or match fixing (example, any agreement between two or more teams or players on different teams to predetermine the outcome of a game or match);
- Offensive or obscene usernames, team names, avatars, logos, branding or gamertags;
- Any other form of prejudice or hate including but not limited to racism, sexism, or ageism;
- Using any language or wearing any clothing or apparel that is considered obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive or objectionable, or promotes or incites hatred or discriminatory conduct;
- Engaging in violence or activity which is deemed in the judgment of staff to be immoral, unethical, disgraceful, or contrary to a common standard of decency;
- Betting or gambling on your own performance, the performance of your team, or the results of the event or any phase of the event;
- Taking any action or performing any gesture directed at an opposing player or team, official or spectator, or inciting any other individuals to do the same, which is insulting, mocking, disruptive or unsportsmanlike;
- Engaging in any other type of behavior or conduct deemed inappropriate by the tournament organizers in their sole discretion; or
- Any player in violation of the code of conduct may be disqualified, and Playing With Power MTG reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such team or player to the fullest extent permitted by law.